Questions to ask before hiring an Arborist in San Diego CA
Tree care and maintenance is an obligation every tree owner has. And every tree owner should have a partner in ensuring that his or her trees remain healthy, and would not cause injury, harm, or damage to any individual or property around it. A tree care company and an expert arborist answer to this need, as tree care maintenance should only be left to the professionals.
After rounding-up the top tree trimmers in San Diego, a property owner should then interview at least two arborists from the companies he or she has shortlisted. Prior to the interview, it will be best that the property owner take note of the important questions he or she wants to ask from the arborist to ensure that his concerns will be fully addressed once he or she makes the decision to hire.
Here are some questions that should be asked when interviewing a prospective arborist:
- Are you a licensed and certified arborist? A property owner should require the arborist to show his license and certification, as well as proofs of being insured prior to hiring him or her for the job.
- Can you provide me with some references of your past contracts or jobs. It is important that the property owner be aware of actual feedback on the quality of work of the arborist he or she wants to hire. This will at least attest to the quality of service the arborist provides.
- What type of equipment do you use for your job requirements? The arborist should have top of the line, industrial strength equipment that can help him carry out his job quickly and efficiently. This is the advantage of arborists affiliated or employed by one of the top tree trimmers in San Diego. They have access to modern and state-of-the-art tree care equipment, and at the same time will be backed by tools and supplies that can help them carry out their projects with ease.
- How long would it take for you to do the job at hand? The property owner should be aware of the timeline on the conduct of work at hand. It will be counter-productive to not ask how long it would take for a job to be finished, especially if the contractor or arborist charges on a per-day basis and not on a per job requirement scheme.
- How much will I have to pay? This is one of the most important question to inquire about before hiring an arborist or a tree care contractor. The property owner should be aware of the quotation, either via an estimate, or a detailed costing. Having an idea on how much his job requirement will cost will help him decide on the arborist to hire.
Word of caution though when it comes to costing. The arborist who quoted the lowest cost should not be the automatic choice for the client. This is because more often than not, the lower cost will have hidden charges that will surprise the client come final billing. It can also indicate poor work quality. A good balance of professionalism and reasonable costing should be kept in mind when hiring professional tree care services.